Friday 26 March 2010

My 1st attempt at a regular blog, most will remember my diaries from a few years ago on my website, they were all about fishing this will be a little more general.

Thursday March 25th. Ever since I gave up smoking over 25 years ago, I retired from playing rugby league at about the same time. I have piled on the weight from being a fit 15 stone prop forward, I am now a rather large gentleman, approaching 60, but have enjoyed every minute of the food and drink thats made me like this. When I returned from my sortie down south for the last week of the season I decided to weigh myself (I thought I had stayed around 19-20 stone) the scales creaked when I stood on them and went to 21stone!! It was a big shock and I decided to really make an effort to lose weight. I have tried quite a few diets over the years and I did get down to 18 stone a few years ago but my weight has crept up again. The BS "RunningWater" show is on the weekend of May 9th and I would like to get down to 19stone by then, my holidays are in August and I will try to be 18stone when we go to Scotland, in a years time maybe 16st if I try really hard..

I started dieting last tuesday (16th) I am cutting down my drinking, ( Stella was a very good friend every night, just 2/3 bottles but it adds up to a case a week). Cereal for breakfast and salad for tea and lots of fruit, I am not eating between meals.

I got weighed this morning and have lost 12lbs already so a good start must keep it up.







Tuesday March 23rd, I decided to move some boughs and branches from a 25ft tree I had cut down in my garden last autumn. The trailer was empty, so the power saw came out. A nice sunny afternoon (Ah! remember the Kinks), Sue was asleep on the settee (she's not too well at the moment).One trailer full to the tip, filling up again a 6ft bough twisted as I lobbed it in and hit me on the head knocked my glasses into my nose (blood everywhere) couldn't find my glasses and 2 bangs on my head. (clumsy old sod she said) seems right.





Monday March 22nd, had a phone call from Chris Lythe my new "Barbel Master" ready in 3 weeks, with special reel foot and non-standard ratchet.








3 Comments:

At 26 March 2010 at 13:34 , Blogger Conrad said...

Biggun by way of encouragement I've lost 17kg since last July and it's still coming off albeit a bit more slowly. The good news is that loosing the weight is like a positive feedback thing, you loose weight and therefore you feel more active, do more and you loose more weight. Other benefits are (much) less joint pain and lower blood pressure which was important for me. I have done this by completely cutting sugar and sweet stuff out and eating more protein than carbs. I don't have much bread these days for instance. Never been much of a habitual drinker although I can have the odd binge without major side effects. I wish you all the best with it mate and all the best with the blog - which is very therapeutic. That reminds me I must do my end of season summary! Oh take up fluff chucking, that seems to help the weight come off, it's exercise that you can actually enjoy.

Conrad

 
At 26 March 2010 at 16:28 , Blogger Paul said...

Mike does this mean you won't be coming for the curry the evening of the BS show?
All that lovely fattening Ghee. Onion Bahjees, samosa's, bindy (ochra), a nice madras swilled down by your favourite tipple lager. Lovely

 
At 26 March 2010 at 20:09 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hardly noticed you behind the brolly pole the other day mate LOL

Best of luck to you but remember the quicker it comes off the quicker it goes back on

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home