Tuesday 22 June 2010

Monday

I had decide on a bit of fly fishing while I was down south, the Test was mentioned (mega bucks but not on my wages!).
I had talked to an angler over the weekend who mentioned The Bull at Fairford (River Coln) so I looked it up on the internet (£25 half a day, 70 miles up the motorway) it looked a very nice streamy little river.
So at 11.30 I set of for the "easy" drive down the M4! at 2pm I had just cleared J10 after coming on at J7! not bad 9 miles in 2 1/2 hours, I finally arrived just after 3pm. I was not dissapointed though, what beautiful part of the country just inside the Gloucs border, I went into the pub sampled the draught (well you have too!) paid my money walked to the river and what a sight.
I waded for about half an hour, trout and grayling everywhere but way to clever for me and the "PJ" had a couple of takes on the dry but missed em both. Talked to the river keeper a very helpful chap, he said nymphs had been catching (well they never caught me!). I really tried to tempt a fish and ended up just below the road bridge, I missed a couple of more on the dry fly.
The church bells rang out 8.15pm so I decided on another 15 minutes. Well my "expertise" paid off in the end with a lovely brownie of just over a lb on the dry fly, no more casts after that and an easy drive home.
What a great day.

1 Comments:

At 23 June 2010 at 05:47 , Blogger Monty Dalrymple said...

That look's lovely Mike to be honest.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home