Tuesday 13 July 2010

Ouch!!

I have been a professional driver (taxi and bus driver) for 20 years now . Over the last 6 months I have had a pain that started in my right shoulder which has now moved up through my neck and into my head and in a morning my fingers are red and I have pins and needles in the tips. My cervical vertebrae crack and groan every time I move my head making me think it is gonna fall off and roll off down the bus! . I had been fearing the worse (brain tumour 6 weeks to live!)
I visited the Doctor this week and he in formed that I wont be dying before my time, diagnosis is Cervical Spondylosis so I will have to live it.

Anti inflammitaries have been prescribed and a referral to the NHS Direct Physio Clinic, who did ring back and after a 15 minute phone consultation (he did ask if I was on sick!! mmmmm)are sending a course of execises to "open up the gap in the right sided vertabrae to ease the pressure on the nerves" his words not mine!.
I will keep you all informed of my progress.

2 Comments:

At 15 July 2010 at 18:17 , Blogger tony said...

Same as me Biggun, I was in agony last Sept. the exercises the physio gives work a treat. Best thing for you is that the best time to do them is when you are driving.

 
At 16 July 2010 at 11:10 , Blogger Conrad said...

I was gonna say that sounds like what Tony had last year. Is it something to do with where you fish perhaps? Tony can recommend a therapist, I believe that he described her as a formidable women. She scared him better by all accounts :)

Not sure he should be exercising during his PSV duties Tone.

Get well soon Biggun.

Conrad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home