Friday 11 March 2011

A day with monty dalrymple


Ah well as monty has mentioned it on his blog "man hugs" were the order of the day (after 4 years I can't really complain)when we met, great to meet up with fellow northerner "gruff" a very nice man (from good stock are donny folk)who I will see a lot of next year. A strange thing happened just after we met, he took his trousers off!! Maybe he knew something we didn't.



Off too the river and Monty picked me out his favourite swim, you can fish out the back of your car, "yeh said I pull the other one.. "I've had loads of chub from just under that tree".











A cuppa 1st I said and a wee dram, so the kettle went on and the malt came out.
















Out came the Paul Johnson MK1v Avon paired with my Chris Lythe wide drum and loaded with 6lb line, a bucket mashed bread size 2 hook and a big bit of flake, just sit back and wait for it to wrap round, so thats what I did. Despite numerous bait changes, crust, lobbies, cheesepaste and pellet it never did wrap round but countless cuppas later we called it a day.








A wonderful day and really good to see monty again after such a long time it won't be as long next time.


Sound of Music - So Long... Farewell









1 Comments:

At 12 March 2011 at 07:34 , Blogger Monty Dalrymple said...

Good work with the camera,like you say a good day ;-0

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home